Sunday, April 26, 2015

Contacting a Professional

     My phone call struggled at first, but ended up going well. First, I contacted a woman from Leg Up Farm, and asked if I could interview her to find out information on careers in helping people. Unfortunately, this option didn't work out, because we were not available at a mutual time to complete the interview. After this idea fell through, I decided to contact my cousin who also has a career in helping others. She works as an assistant at a surgeon's office, where she helps patients cope and deal with their surgeries everyday. This call was successful, and we were able to set up a time to get together and have the interview. 
     The biggest stressor of this process was when my first attempt at a phone call failed. However, I was able to overcome this by thinking of another option, and following through with it. This process helped me grow because it taught me that not everything will always work out, but there will be other opportunities to succeed. It also helped my maturity grow, because I needed to contact a professional adult that I wasn't familiar with. I now have the insight of who I will be working with for this project, and how I am going to achieve it. My goal for this week is to complete the interview, and start organizing the information that I gain. I look forward to see my project progressing, and gaining new knowledge along the way. 

Inquiry questions for further research:
What questions will I ask during the interview?
How will I organize the information that I gather?
How will I record the information I learn?
Should I include videos and/or pictures?
What kind of information will I learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment